Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Discovery!


The space shuttle Discovery safetly landed November 7, 2007 after a horribly stressful time up in space. At first, the mission was going really well and everyone was pleased with how easily they got everything installed and fixed. A problem came about when one of the solar wings ripped. Everyone was upset because of this problem, but 4 days later, a plan was made to fix it. Parazynski, one of the astronauts, went out to fix the wing. Nobody has ever dared to venture so far away from the shuttle to fix something before, especially a dangerously high voltage wing. But the wing was fixed in an amazing job done by Prazynski. Pamela Melroy safetly landed the shuttle after coming back into the atmosphere and brought a former resident of the station back with her crew.

Astronauts are really interesting to me. I think that it would be amazing to go up into space someday. If I ever have the chance to do that, I think I would probably take the trip. I am very astounded as to how calm they seem to be going in and out of our atmosphere, because it is so dangerous. Hearing of safe landings and successful missions makes me feel happy because I know that humans are progressing and learning more about the world and everything else out there. Pam was the second woman to land a spaceship ever. I feel happy for her because she is going to be recorded in history books as one of the first.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/11/07/space.shuttle.ap/index.html

No comments: